What is OCIRC?
The Ontario Cereal Industry Research Council (OCIRC) is a unique, industry funded collaboration. Since 2004, OCIRC has been driving grain and pulse research that benefits the entire agri-food value chain from producers to consumers.
Vision: University of Guelph is a global leader in grains and pulse research that benefits the agri-food value chain
Mission: To drive collaborative research that addresses diverse consumer needs and enhances sustainability across the agri-food value chain
OCIRC uses contributions from the membership to leverage research funds. These funds are used to support a unique and robust research program, under the direction of Dr. Iris Joye and her team from the University of Guelph's Cereal Science and Technology Research Group.
The OCIRC board works closely with the industry and research partners to create synergies and develop connections to drive research that benefits the entire agri-food value chain from producer to consumer.
Who are OCIRC's members?
- Ardent Mills
- Dare Foods Limited
- Everspring Farm
- Griffith Foods Limited
- Mondelez International
- P&H Milling Group
Who are OCIRC's directors?
- Anthony Pracek – Chair (Plant Manager, Ardent Mills)
- Joachim Baur – Vice Chair (Director Product & Process Innovation, Griffith Foods Limited)
- Dale Donaldson – Secretary-Treasurer (President, Everspring Farms)
- Louise Jacques-O’Hare (Director, R&D, Dare Foods Limited)
- Dr. Isabel Moreira de Almeida (Principal Scientist - Crop Science Lead, Mondelēz International)
- Sunny Mathew (Director-Quality Assurance, P&H Milling Group)
What will your company gain from an OCIRC membership?
- It provides an opportunity to collaborate and network – develop connections and work with other companies to drive research with industry-wide benefits
- It makes economic sense – participate in meaningful research with commercial benefit at a lower cost than pursuing it alone
- It gives your firm greater resources – access an inter-disciplinary research network with expertise to solve problems and advance innovation
- It is forward-looking for the broader industry – contribute to the development of the next generation of cereal science professionals
Mailing Address: 381 Elmira Road North, Unit 1, Guelph, ON N1K 1H3